Medicare and all insurance providers are now required to provide an annual wellness visit at NO COST to the patient. There is no deductible or co-pay for this annual visit. There are services advertising directly to patients about providing this service instead of your primary care doctor. We encourage patients to check any offers like this with their primary care doctor. It is better to receive preventive services through the same doctor who will be taking care of all of your other healthcare needs also instead of fragmenting something as important as primary medical care. We strive to care for the whole patient in a comprehensive provision of preventive, diagnostic, and therapeutic care at the Auburn Medical Group. Please be sure to schedule your annual wellness visit now if it has been more than 12 months since your last preventive care visit.
For Medicare Part B beneficiaries, the visit includes:
- A review of your medical and family history
- Developing or updating a list of current providers and prescriptions
- Height, weight, blood pressure, and other routine measurements
- Detection of any cognitive impairment
- Personalized health advice
- A list of risk factors and treatment options for you
- A screening schedule (like a checklist) for appropriate preventive services.
At your primary care doctor’s office you may also receive specific treatment conveniently at the same visit for health problems at the regular office visit charge.